INFORMATION BOARD DELIVERING REMOTE INFORMATION OVER OPTIC FIBER
CLIENT: National Railway Infrastructure Company (NRIC)
TERM: 2013 – 2015
Construction and installation of 11 Boards for Remote Information via Fiber Optic Cable (BRIFOC).
Board for Remote Information via Fiber Optic Cable (BRIFOC) is intended for:
- submitting the supervisor on duty at the nearest station a light and sound indication of the state of the Automatic Level Crossing Device (ALCD);
- to remotely open a crossing in the event of a malfunction or failure.
- transfer the status information of the ALCD to the supervisor on duty;
- the ability of the on-duty supervisor to open a level crossing by using a remote opening button according to the existing regulations;
- monitoring the state of the ALCD on the readings of the distant information board;
- Combines data transmission functionality in optics and offers a graphical user interface for visualization;
- It is micropocessor based and allows the development of new functions and interfaces for the enrichment of the information on the state of the level crossing and for creating opportunities for inclusion of additional functions and services;
- It is mounted directly on the terminals of the line conductors from the ALCD side and the station side;
- It does not require changes in the organization and work regulations and in the approved methodology for working with BRIFOC;
- The system does not affect the safety of operation of the train management.